Strawberries and Cream Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 (1 ounce) slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3/4 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square baking dish with the melted butter.
- Toss bread with the chopped strawberries, and place into the prepared pan. Beat the eggs, milk, cream, strawberry preserves, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until frothy. Pour over the bread and lightly press down with a spatula until the bread has absorbed the milk mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 191 | Total Fat: 7.1g| Cholesterol: 70mg
All media taken from All Recipe